Wednesday 2 February 2011

Things That Pissed Me Off Today. Episode I

In no particular order.
  1. I had to go back to work after 7 weeks holidays.

  2. Had a PD Training session on exactly the same shit I had to do last year. The highlight of the day was watching two, poor quality YouTube videos, both of which I had seen years earlier. One of the videos claimed that My Space had over 200 million users - it was that old.

  3. I was forced to sit through a poorly designed PowerPoint presentation which contained "Lime Green" titles in Comic Sans font with a body text a mixture of Times New Roman and Helvetica.

  4. It was a lovely day today. Sunny, but not too hot, a light breeze and birds were out making the most of it. That didn't piss me off. Sitting in a room facing big windows while listening to bullshit and looking out on a lovely day, thinking about my brand new PS3 at home did.

  5. The title "Intercultural Awareness Iceberg." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? It's almost like... I don't know. We had to draw on a picture of an iceberg and place some shit where we thought it belonged for some reason or other. I didn't perform this task. Instead I drew on a Post-It note a cartoon of a Velociraptor saying "RAWR" at a Brontosaur instead. I couldn't find it when I came back from a break. *Sigh*

  6. My mum lives in Townsville, Queensland. There is a Catergory 5 cyclone on it's way there. I called and texted her. No reply. My sister lives in nearby Townsville. She texted back saying she was OK and in Adelaide with her baby daughter. My brother in law was staying behind, but was on his way to a shelter. I got home and called and texted mum again. No reply. I texted my sister to see if she knew where mum was. Mum's in New Zealand. On a Boat Cruise.

2 comments:

  1. Things that pissed me off`today ... having to organise PD for teachers who honestly think that they have no reponsibility for their own professional learning or respect for colleagues who have spent many hours trying to wrangle technology, intranets and ultranets into sufficiently small chunks to satisfy the aforementioned staff who have the attention span of a hampster but are much less cute. As I was forced to say, no, the computer/login/software is not a problem, it just HATES you.

    And I gave up that YouTube vid years ago even though the aforementioned staff still think that the internet/social media/computers are a fad and will just go away if they ignore it long enough allowing them to return to books and pens. At my place you would be leading a small team not festering in an uncomfortable room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/30/3230891.htm

    Cos I know how much you like comic sans ;)

    ReplyDelete