Sunday 8 August 2010

12:36 Bad Dream Rant

It's 12:36 and I have been unable to get back to sleep after a bad dream. I've taken a Valerian and I'm writing this to help me get back to sleep...

After a particularly bad Sewing class, one in which the all girl class was not taking seriously (they paid no attention to my skills - I have none in real life) I had a bit of a rant at them, too which they also paid no attention. The schools' new principal was in the room, but I only ever saw her from behind, and I was trying to make sure I was doing well. I pushed the class to do some work, any work, but they would not. I then left the room and went to get changed for Homegroup (why?) I couldn't do the buttons up on my shirt properly and it took me ages to do them up and I wasn't looking very neat or tidy when I to homegroup. It wasn't my usual class, but there were a group of students being shown an explicit sex education video. Everyone in the class was talking amongst themselves and not paying any attention to the movie. I said to them "This is important, you need to know this." But they didn't care. I asked a group if they were going to watch, but they ignored me. I said to them "Aren't you planning on ever having sex?" They ignored me. The cl;ass ended and they all left. As I was walking out a paramedic offered me a lift in his helicopter home. I accepted. As we took off, I noticed that the graffiti that I had painted on the roof of a building was better and more easily seen than any the students had ever done..

While the helicopter flew,I looked out the window and thought that all the tiny houses below were sad and dirty and lonely and how the people living in them must feel the same. I noticed that there was a medical emergency in the back, which was obscured by a curtain. It was soon over and the paramedic offered me all the leftover medical equipment (a couple of first aid kits in black, vinyl bags). Suddenly the engine stopped and alarms went off and the pilot's wheel moved onto my lap, making it impossible to move. There was no pilot and I was in the co-pilots seat. We were going down, backwards and I was sitting cross legged in my seat and I couldn't move to get into a crash position or put on my seat belt.

As we went down, I thought about how much I love Amy and how I never got a chance to tell her again before I died., but I knew that she knew because I tell her several times a day. I could see the roof of houses and people in cars and then I woke up.

Then I wrote this.

No comments:

Post a Comment